6 books and guides to enjoy Ibiza before your trip
We want you to make the most of your holidays on the island and that is why this post will offer you a selection of the best books and guides on Ibiza. Because we know that the trips you imagine before you leave are lived twice: while you dreaming them and while they become true.
the best guides on ibiza to…
- Hide: the Secret Beaches guide shows you the most secluded beaches in Ibiza, many of them reserved to those who don’t mind walking for a bit to get away from the world. Languages: Spanish and English. Available in bookshops in Ibiza, Casa del Libro and Amazon.
- Walk: if you love to go for walks, we recommend the Secret Walks Ibiza Norte and Secret Walks Ibiza Sur guides, each with 18 walks of different levels. Languages: Spanish and English. Available in bookshops in Ibiza, Casa del Libro and Amazon.
- Explore: the Ibiza y Formentera con los 5 Sentidos guide offers extensive information on beaches, restaurants, interesting visits, museums, villages... The Ibiza-born authors Xescu Prats and Silvia Castillo have produced one of the most comprehensive guides on Ibiza. Languages: Spanish and English. Available in bookshops in Ibiza and Casa del Libro.
the best books about ibiza
- El Camino de San Vicente (The road to San Vicente) by Leif Borthen: a glimpse into Ibiza in the 30s through the author’s memories when he returns to the island, -to Cala San Vicente to be precise- after three decades away. Its interesting pages introduce us to the beauty and history of one of the most remote places in Ibiza. Available in bookshops on the island and on Amazon. Languages: Spanish and English.
- The White Island by Stephen Armstrong: an amusing trip across Ibiza’s eventful history that reveals a rich past and the hedonistic and cosmopolitan character of the island. Languages: English. Available on Amazon.
- Ibiza Bohemia: this 300-page book is published by B&T Books and offers a view of the most bohemian side of the island that captivated and hooked many artists and figures with its unique character, including Kate Moss, Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jade Jagger... Languages: English. Available on Amazon.
read and stay at Hostal La Torre Cap Negret
Our garden and our terrace overlooking the sea are the perfect places to finish -or start- the book or guide on Ibiza that you’ve chosen from our list. Or any other book you’ve packed in your case! And any time of the year. Book your room or suite now and get dreaming your next holidays in Ibiza. Who knows which story awaits your arrival?
Main picture: Mohamed Hassan / Pixabay