The best plans to enjoy Ibiza with kids
Can you have fun in Ibiza with kids? Of course! Forget about your past getaways to the White Island to party all day and night and discover fun plans, places and restaurants for a memorable family holiday.
3 reasons to go on holiday to Ibiza with kids
- The beaches: Ibiza has a good number of safe beaches and coves for kids, including Cala Bassa, Cala Llenya, Cala Llonga, Es Figueral beach, Cala Gració and Cala Gracioneta, Port des Torrent, Ses Salines, Cala Vedella, Cala Tarida…
- The seawater temperature: we all know that it’s hard to keep the kids away from the water no matter how cold it gets, but Ibiza’s water is especially warm, so they will want to stay in the water for hours. If you’d like to know the average temperature in Ibiza from spring to autumn, don’t miss our post What’s the Weather Like in Ibiza and What to Pack.
- The plans: the White Island has a fantastic range of places to go with kids and many water activities, as well as kid-friendly restaurants and amazing homemade ice-cream parlours.
Places to avoid with kids in Ibiza?
Ibiza has so many places to have fun with kids and most beaches are great for them, but if you’re going with very young kids, some places are a no-no because they don’t have services, they’re difficult to get to or have strong currents... The most relevant ones are:
- Platjas de Comte: it’s one of the most beautiful beaches in Ibiza but there is usually a strong rip current that makes it unsuitable for kids. If you do go, we strongly advise you to follow the lifeguard’s instructions and be extra careful if the yellow flag is up. Also, there are often jellyfish.
- Es Portixol: this unspoilt cove is hard to get by foot and it’s not advisable to go there with small kids because they have no services and there’s a 30 minute climb on the way back.
- Atlantis or sa Pedrera: every summer, this old quarry on the edge of the sea under the cliffs of Cala d´Hort gives quite a few scares to people who struggle on the way back uphill. It’s best to avoid this place with kids.
- Cala Nova: this stunning beach usually has rip currents which makes it risky for kids. As with Platjas de Compte, it’s advisable to follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- Aigües Blanques: if you have a pushchair or a small kid, this is probably not the most convenient place given its steep and long ramp down to the shore from the car park.
15 things to do in Ibiza with kids
There are loads of options for a fun family holiday in Ibiza if you’re travelling with young kids or with teenagers.
- 1. Explore the coast by kayak or on a stand-up paddle: there are many beautiful routes along Ibiza’s coastline. Ask us and we’ll suggest where to hire boards or kayaks in Ibiza and the best routes depending on your level.
- 2. Discover the legends and anecdotes of the old Dalt Vila quarter by going on one of the theme tours organised by the city council of Ibiza.
- 3. Go on a glass-bottom boat trip and discover the cliffs, islets and other unspoilt spots on the eastern or southern coast of Ibiza.
- 4. Visit the Aquarium Cap Blanc with species from the area. It is only a few minutes’ drive from Hostal La Torre and you can later eat grilled sardines by the sea.
- 5. Don your goggles and chase fish in Cala Bassa, Cala Vedella, Cala Salada, Cala Gració, Cala Xarraca, Cala Carbó...
- 6. Visit the Can Marça cave where you can listen to stories about pirates and smugglers and see beautiful stalactites and stalagmites.
- 7. Go horse riding inland with North Ride Ibiza or Can Mayans, for example..
- 8. Visit the organic farm of Can Muson where they also run workshops for kids.
- 9. Go on a circuit of ziplines and suspension bridges at Acrobosc Ibiza. This fantastic experience is suitable for kids over 3 as it has three circuits with different levels of difficulty.
- 10. Stroll through the hippy street markets of Punta Arabí, Cala Llonga and Las Dalias: this isn’t only for adults as they also have a programme full of fun activities for kids.
- 11. Family escape: if you're travelling with teenagers, they’re bound to enjoy the escape rooms. In Ibiza you can face the challenge together in Escape Rooms Ibiza and Escape Room Ibiza SCAPART.
- 12. Eat out: there are many restaurants in Ibiza that are kid-friendly like On the Beach (their hamburgers are always a success), La Paloma Ibiza, Es Jardins de Fruitera, Cas Costas, Tanit Beach, Natural Pau, Cala Gracioneta and Casa Maca with its Sunday Roast barbecues and a fun Kids’ Corner organised by the Corrillos playgroup.
- 13. Follow the ice-cream tour: during your visits around the island, you can go tasting the best ice-creams in Ibiza by stopping at Capítulo 2 and Milú, both in Sant Antoni; Viccio in Sant Carles; Los Valencianos and Vivi’s Creamery, in the city of Ibiza; and Antarctica in Santa Eulária des Riu.
- 14. Watch the sunset: from Hostal La Torre you can admire a beautiful sunset and listen to the best Balearic Sound music while you have dinner or an ice-cream or a freshly made juice.
- 15. Go out to sea for the day: one of the most fun and unforgettable plans is to hire a boat for a day- or half-day trip and explore the coves on the western coast of the island. If this family plan sounds good, ask at our front desk: we’ll help you prepare your private boat trip in Ibiza!
a tip for your family holidays in ibiza
If you're thinking about travelling to Ibiza with your family in May, remember that there are two exciting events for kids: the Barruguet Family Theatre Festival, which is the last weekend of the month, and the Medieval Fair in Ibiza that will be from 7 to 10 May this year.